This weekend it was my turn to add a little Christmas cheer to our house. So in true Clark Griswold fashion I started putting up Christmas lights on Saturday. (For those of you not in the know, Clark Griswold is Chevy Chase's character in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. If you haven't watched it yet this year its time to break it out.) I spent several hours out putting lights up making sure they were all in the perfect spot. Finishing up at right about dusk perfect timing for the lighting. Drum roll please..... I plugged in the lights and nothing happened. Turned out that the outlets made for the Christmas light are not functioning. Only a small set back. I have extension cords, and know how to use them. Plugging the extension cord into a previously tested outlet and waalaa, the lights come on..... for about 5 seconds. Turns out that you can only connect so many strands of lights together without blowing the little fuse in the strands. With my pride and frustration levels at opposite ends of the scale, I gave up for the night. On the bright side, I got to go in and watch the Sooners win, and Mrs. G had made some delicious hot chocolate to warm me up.
Sunday the lights did not win I changed some fuses, and added a few extension cords, and we have this.
I hope everyones Holiday decorating goes as good as Mrs. G's and better than mine.
Mr. G

No comments:
Post a Comment